What do you think about someone like Fred Armisen blackfacing/brownfacing on SNL? (He seems to do it pretty regularly.) Does it make a difference that they only do it because they have a pretty small (and pretty white) cast, so options are limited?
CC: No, it doesn’t make a difference. I think the FAQ mentions something about it being unacceptable NO MATTER WHAT.
- dutchbag said: I didn’t think he changed his skin tone though?
- daggerpen said: A better option: actually hiring Black people?
- aragingquiet likes this
- witchesinspace said: fred armisen is mixed race. does this mitigate the brown facing?
- masaothedog said: My thought on that is that it’s a better reason for them to hire more people of colour. There are plenty of funny people out there!
- bentobunnii likes this
- voltafiish likes this
- damnlayoffthebleach posted this